FreePoint Technologies Inc (“FreePoint”, “we”, “us”, “our”) take the privacy of our customers and website users (“you”, “your”) seriously and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy. This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information, and the kinds of information that we collect from you or that you may provide to us.
In Canada, privacy laws generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
Please read this policy carefully to ensure that you understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you must not use our websites or applications.
YOUR IP ADDRESS AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION
When you access a page on our websites (including https://getshiftworx.com, etc.), our web servers automatically recognize your IP address, the referring domain, and other technical information, such as your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use and usage details. We use this information to provide you with our services, to examine our traffic, to better understand our users and their needs, to improve our systems, to investigate any potential misuse or abuse of our websites and to cooperate with law enforcement. We may associate your IP address with your account information to improve and better understand your use of our systems and ensure your compliance with our agreements.
INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US
If you register for our services, you will provide us with information that we use to contact you with respect to billing, account management, and other account related purposes. We may use your information to contact you by e-mail and/or postal mail about our products and services if you opt in to these contacts, and unless you withdraw your consent. We do not share this information with any third party.
If you are purchasing from us or subscribing to our services, we may collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date and /or detailed banking information, credit references, and other billing information. We may use this contact information to notify you of related products and services but will not share your information with any third party. We may retain this information and may disclose this information to enforce our agreements with you.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent. We may store certain information in our back-up systems which we will keep and destroy in accordance with our back-up retention policies.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide you with our services;
- To present our websites and the contents of our websites to you;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information to us when it was collected;
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscription, including providing expiry and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights or comply with legal requirements, for example, billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our websites, services, and the products and services that we provide;
- To improve our websites, products and services, including for marketing or customer relationship and customer experience purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites;
- To contact you about our own, and third party goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law;
- In any other way that we may disclose to you when we collect the information and for which you consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FreePoint about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and to which you consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FreePoint, our customers, or others.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with improvements to our websites and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Our websites contain hyperlinks to other websites controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites or advertisers.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision. We may require you to provide us with certain information to verify your identify.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.