ShiftWorx Brings You A Digital Call Box/Andon Functionality at a Fraction of the Cost of a Traditional System
Did you know that in our commitment to driving operational excellence and continuous improvement through your shop, we have several additional ShiftWorx Modules that can drive your industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing initiatives? We have touched on enhanced customization capabilities for custom views and dashboard and how coupling Job and Operator data with Business and AI tools can create a wealth of new insight, but today we want to discuss a Digital Call Box Module that not only brings transparency into your process and improves your maintenance response but can be configured to function as a Digital Andon system.
Our Digital Call Box/ANDON functionality enables operators to send messages (email and text messages) to immediately address issues involving machines (e.g. broken down, safety) with the push of a button. This enhances the clarity of your production process and flows of information on the plant floor by tracking the number of calls, mean time to respond, start time, and completion time of a call. Problems are visually identified so corrective action can be taken immediately.
Best of all, our easy-to-use and the customizable system can be configured with many of the benefits of an Andon solution without the additional costs. With a traditional Andon system costing thousands of dollars to set up and install, The ShiftWorx Digital Call Box/Andon system is even better because:
- No Wiring
- No Installation
- No Labor
- Immediate Notifications
- Full Tracking and Reporting Capability
You get advanced reporting and all the advantages of an Andon system, at a fraction of the cost.
To See our Digital Call Box/ANDON system in action, reach out to us today.
Advantages of Andon Systems
Andon has a crucial place in any lean manufacturing operation or connected industry and provides numerous benefits through:
- Transparency: – Employees are encouraged to react to problems so that quality, safety, and down time improve. Process owners are notified in real time.
- Productivity: Problems are quickly noticed and resolved to ensure minimal production interruptions.
- Empowering Employees: Operators are given the freedom and flexibility to categorize issues when they arise depending on their priority and take action, instead of waiting on leadership. This increases accountability overproduction issues.
- Reduce downtime: Operators and supervisors are better able to resolve manufacturing issues and keep the assembly line moving.
- Cost and time: The Andon board allows for greater communication on the floor so that time is saved and labor is cut.
Ultimately, the goal of any Andon system is about removing anything that inhibits production flow. It is about responding to issues immediately, finding the root cause of the issue, and putting a permanent corrective action in place so that the issue never occurs again. By utilizing the ShiftWorx Digital Call Box/Andon Module, you will quickly be able to document routine production challenges and provide Shift Supervisors and Engineering Departments the knowledge of the frequency and severity of problems that interrupt workflow.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!