Did you know that in our commitment to driving operational excellence and continuous improvement through your shop, we have several additional ShiftWorx™ MES modules that can drive your industry 4.0 and lean manufacturing initiatives?
A Digital Andon System module brings transparency into your process and improves your maintenance response; it enables operators to send messages (email and text messages) to immediately address issues involving any machine or process (e.g. broken down, safety) with the push of a button. This enhances the clarity of your production process and flows of information on the plant floor by tracking the number of calls, mean time to respond, start time, and completion time of a call. Problems are visually identified so corrective action can be taken immediately.
Best of all, our easy-to-use and the customizable system can be configured with many of the benefits of a traditional Andon solution without the additional costs.
With a traditional Andon system costing thousands of dollars to set up and install, the ShiftWorx™ MES Digital Andon System is even better for many reasons including:
- No Wiring
- No Installation
- No Labor
- Immediate Manufacturing Notifications
- Full Tracking and Reporting
Advanced reporting is also included rounding out the numerous advantages of a Digital Andon system, all at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional Andon systems.
How can manufacturers mitigate communication breakdowns, and the resulting time wasted on the shop floor with ShiftWorx™ MES software? See a video clip, and gain access to our full-length webinar here: https://shiftworxmes.com/freepoint-resources/webinar-videos/
Advantages of Digital Andon Systems
Digital Andon has a crucial place in any lean manufacturing operation or connected industry and provides numerous benefits through:
- Transparency: Employees are encouraged to react to problems so that quality, safety, and down time improve. Process owners are notified in real time.
- Productivity: Problems are quickly noticed and resolved to ensure minimal production interruptions.
- Empowering Employees: Operators are given the freedom and flexibility to categorize issues when they arise depending on their priority and take action, instead of waiting on leadership. This increases accountability overproduction issues.
- Reduce downtime: Operators and supervisors are better able to resolve manufacturing issues and keep the assembly line moving.
- Cost and time: The Digital Andon shop floor screens allow for greater communication on the floor so that time is saved and labor is cut (all manufacturing stakeholders updated in real-time).
Ultimately, the goal of any Andon system is to remove any issue that inhibits production flow. It is about responding to issues immediately, finding the root cause of the issue, and putting a permanent corrective action in place so that the issue never occurs again.
By utilizing the ShiftWorx™ MES Digital Andon System module, you will quickly be able to document routine production challenges and provide Shift Supervisors and Engineering Departments the knowledge of the frequency and severity of problems that interrupt workflow.